1) For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the following words shall have the following meanings:
”Us/We” shall mean London Electrical Solutions Ltd.
“You” shall mean you: the customer (the person or organisation for whom we agree to carry out works and/or supply materials).
“Our representative” shall be the person we send to you to do work.
2) There is a minimum charge of 1 hour on all jobs plus VAT, thereafter work is charged per 15 minute intervals (minimum). Upon arrival when we diagnose your problem or need parts to continue work which can not be collected on the day, our time will be chargeable of 1 hour minimum. The total charge to the customer will be time spent by our representative on the job, plus all reasonable time spent in obtaining materials, plus Vat. Parts and materials collected or supplied by London Electrical Solutions ltd will be charged at our cost plus 20% minimum handling charge. No supplier invoices will be submitted to the customer under any circumstances.
3) Collecting material for a job: We try minimise collection of materials by carrying everyday stock items. If we do need to collect materials we will always try to keep the time to a minimum however any time spent collecting materials is chargeable at a minimum of 1 hours labour.
4) Fixed Price work. Estimates and Quotes will include labour and materials plus VAT. The price will be fixed but manifest errors shall be exempted. Estimates and Quotes are simply what they say. We cannot be held responsible should the time or materials required be other than what was envisaged. Any part payment in advance of work cannot be refunded under any circumstances. Estimates and Quotes may need to be revised if you change the scope of the work, if there is an increase in the price of materials, or if further works turn out to be needed to do the work, if it is impossible for us to do the work for previously quoted fixed price, we will give you a free quote for the work so that you can choose to use us or not. If you decline the quote there will be no charges payable by you.
5) Invoices are payable on completion of work. Invoices unpaid (in total or in part) will carry interest of 10 % over the company’s banker’s base rate while any payment remains outstanding including an administration fee of £35 plus vat per letter/email etc we send to you requesting that you honour the invoice.
6) Time Keeping. We will make every effort to attend each job at the time and date agreed with you according to our standard terms and condition of sale. However, we cannot accept any liability for either arriving late or not at all due to the traffic in and around London and for the late delivery or failure to supply materials.
7) You personally will be deemed to be our customer unless it is made clear to us who the customer is and we have confirmation that you have the right to instruct us on their behalf the customer must allow us the necessary access to carry out the work.
It is the responsibility of the customer to protect items of furniture, furnishings, fixings, fixings, fixtures and fittings. We will make reasonable efforts not to cause any damage, it is suggested that the customer removes items that are considered to be a problem. If it remains within the working area, it is the responsibility of the customers to cover such items.
Wallpaper and paint can sometimes be damaged. It is the responsibility of the customer to take any protection actions felt necessary. We will try our best to put back bath panels, flooring, cupboards etc – areas we need to get access to. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to these items or to the way they have been put back. If damage to plaster, brickwork and ceilings etc is caused it is the customers responsibility to make good. We cannot except responsibility for damage caused to wallpaper, paintwork, tiles, carpets, furniture etc. Any silicon work does not carry any guarantee..
The customer is to obtain all necessary permission, from any landlord or local authority prior to starting the work. An electricity supply is often needed. The customer is to provide this supply. The supply will be of no cost to us.
8) If you instruct us to do work or buy materials we take a 25% deposit upfront, unless other wise stated. We reserve the right to charge you for the cost of any time and materials incurred by us if you cancel. Charges will be those of our normal terms and conditions.
9) Guarantee. We provide a 12month guarantee on all new installations and a 3 month guarantee on all repairs were parts been changed / replaced. If you are not satisfied with our work, you must contact us in writing, within the period of finishing the work and let us come and inspect the work and carry out the necessary remedial work at our expense. You agree that if you do not contact us within the guarantee period we shall have no liability. You agree to let our insurers inspect any works carried out by us.
10) Things we cannot cover. We are unable to guarantee our work, parts and equipment supplied by you: if they are misused, treated negligently or if our work is repaired, modified, or tampered with by anyone other than ourselves. Where we carry out our works for you using your materials we can take no responsibility for the quality, fitness for purpose or otherwise of these materials so we cannot accept responsibility for them.
11) We cannot guarantee work where you order us to carry out work against the advice of our representative. This advice will be given to you either orally or in writing, Our guarantee is also void if we indicate that further works are need to be carried out.
12) We cannot guarantee further damage or defects caused by work that is not fully guaranteed or where recommended further work has not been carried out.
13) We cannot guarantee work on existing installations that are either inferior or over 10 years old nor can we guarantee the effectiveness or otherwise of our work in these cases.
14) We will only be liable for rectifying our own work and shall not be held responsible for any ensuing damage or claims resulting from this or other work overlooked or subsequently requested and undertaken at that time.
15) We shall not be held liable for any delay or consequences of any delay in performing our obligations if such a delay is due to any cause beyond our reasonable control and we shall be entitled to reasonable time extensions.
16) We shall be entitled to recover the costs or damages from any person or contractor whose negligence or faulty workmanship makes us liable to pay for those damages or rectification of work.
17) We reserve the right to refuse or decline to undertake any work.
18) We reserve the right, at our absolute discretion, to choose who will represent us.
19) Title to Goods. Goods supplied and delievered by us to you, or your premises shall remain our property until paid for by you in full. \whilst goods remain on our property (we continue to have title over them) we have the absolute authority to retake, sell or otherwise dispose of all or any part of these goods.
At any time and without notice we shall also be entitled to enter any premises in which our good, or any part of them, are installed, stored or kept or it is reasonable believed to be so. We shall be entitled to seek a court injunction to prevent you from selling, transferring or otherwise disposing of such goods. However, the risk in the goods will pass to you on delivery to you. You must insure them at replacement value and if asked you must produce evidence that they are properly insured.
20) These terms and conditions may not be released, discharged, supplemented, interpreted, varied or modified in any manner except by an instrument in writing signed by our duly authorised representative and you. Our terms and conditions shall prevail over any terms and conditions used by you or contained, set out or referred to in any documentation sent to us by you. By entering into a contract with us you agree irrevocably to waive the application of any of these terms and conditions.
21) These terms and conditions and all contracts awarded between us and you shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and shall be subjected to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Law.
Last updated 6th January 2017